Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Myriad of Items

The dictionary says that historically this would mean ten thousand, but don't worry, I haven't quite got that number.

The walking is going well. Sharon and I really are trying to get in 5 days a week. Life happens and occasionally we need to have a two or three day break between walks; we've had rain, church and doctor's appointments interfering with our plans these last three days.

Sharon and I sing the praises of walking sticks. She has a waist-high telescoping metal one, I have a bamboo staff with a leather wrist loop. As we pant our way uphill, the sticks help our rhythm, when we pause to catch our breath (we are reducing the number of these) we can rest on them, and we can swing them in triumph on our way down the hill. My cranky knees appreciate the extra stability when I come down the trail between our houses, too.

What with the wonderful rain (Oh thank you El NiƱo, for getting us over the drought -- even temporarily) we have some very different occurrences than in the past. Witness: our welcome mat. We've had it since fall. We got it from a friend who had it on a protected porch; now, poor thing, it gets the full brunt of our weather.

If you click on the picture it will pop-up in a larger version (I think) and you will see shiny little mahogany colored round things. Mushrooms. Yes we have things growing places that would never occur to me. Ain't life wonderful.

[Obligatory cat content] Diego did it again. He didn't come when called in for dinner. I went outside to clang the dinner bowl [in the rain!] and saw little white paws with black pads pawing at the glass of the kitchen door next door -- luckily, we have keys. He comes out so cocky, absolutely sure that this was someone else's fault, not his. Steve had been doing some repairs to the door and Diego took the opportunity.

Here he is, in daylight, next to that very door.

I like winter as both cats are willing to spend quality time keeping me company as I work. I do, too, work! I'm taking a class in Web Design so that I can learn all that alphabet stuff [html, CSS, SEO, etc] to help Steve by doing the simple stuff and he can do the more adventurous teching.

We are three weeks into the class and I'm working up two proposal websites. Right now I get to do my particular dance showcase, the look and feel of the sites. Soon we are going to get into all that scary alphabet stuff.

Anyway, the cats sleep the entire time I'm working on the bed next to my desk. And sometimes they look so comfy, that I just have to join them in a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment